I WAS nominated for the Liebster by Doug Does Life about a month ago. Unfortunately, I’ve been so busy hunting drop bears and Bitstripping and disciplining bad monkeys, that I haven’t been able to brag about the nomination until today.
Naturally, like all other awards on the blogosphere, there are terms and conditions to the nomination. These are:
- Nominees (that’s me!) must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to them by the one who nominated.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers, but who deserve to be widely read.
- Create 10 questions for their nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know you have nominated by going to their blog and notifying them (Aw crap! Really? Is that necessary? That will take forever! Sigh, might as well).
Interview with Doug (the blogger who nominated me):
DOUG: What do you do more of, watch television or read books?
MK: Well Doug, normally I would watch more TV series than read books. However, lately I’ve been stuck in getting through the fourth Wheel of Time novel.
DOUG: What is your favourite book(s) and why?
MK: I would probably have to say The Dark Tower series, by Stephen King. They have taught me the value of writing gritty and harsh characters, who are tainted, desperate but determined to do what it takes to beat the villains. Also, the ending is brilliant. Otherwise, Tomorrow When the War Began series was an old favourite of mine and taught me all I know about voice.
DOUG: What do you wish your role to be in life?
MK: Entertainer and philosopher.
DOUG: What did you want to be when you were a child?
MK: I wanted to be a cowboy, actually. Mostly because my mum’s boyfriend (Jon) was one. I was a mutton buster when I was about four years old. I rode in the rodeo on a ram. I was one of the only kids to stay on . I remember being in the ring, the exhilaration I felt, the clown who handed me a bag of lollies after.
So why didn’t I continue being a cowboy? It was the tragedy and the changes that happen in life. Jon travelled to Texas and died in a car accident, and our family moved on, I guess. I moved on. Rodeos seemed to bore me after my mentor/hero was killed.
DOUG: What did you end up doing as a career?
MK: I became a Monkey King. Though it’s debatable as to if this is a career, or a title.
DOUG: Are you creative? How?
MK: I’ll respond to that with an old picture I drew.
My tree has everything. A party, a ladder, monkeys, a car, and a rocket ship.
DOUG: What do you enjoy making, beside your bed?
MK: I hate making my bed. But I like making up characters. Maybe I’d do better having some children or something. I don’t know.
DOUG: What’s your favourite meal?
MK: Spaghetti! With garlic bread. And olives. And Bundaberg ginger beer. OR, a burger with the classic lettuce, cheese, tomato, beef, and beetroot. Mmm!
DOUG: Do you cook and enjoy doing so?
MK: I cook simple meals. I deny enjoying the cooking, and will procrastinate doing so, but when I’m actually cooking I appreciate it. I enjoy peeling spuds more than you would think. I’m never as meditative as when I’m doing the vegetables.
And now, my Liebster nominations are:
Now, I know I’m supposed to find 10 nominees, but the truth is, while there are many great blogs I follow out there…well, they are seem to have over 200 followers. While they do deserve support, and have followed me consistently, they don’t technically pass the criteria being nominated. Therefore, I am keeping it to five.
The top five are fine writers or photographers. Worth reading.
Here are my 10 questions for the above nominees:
1) One day, you wake up and discover everything that existed before was a dream. You’re Lex Luthor (Superman villain). You are a billionaire. You’re a white, rascist Xenophobe. You’re President of the USA. And you have a super suit. My question. What is the first thing you do?
2) You have a monkey and it is your best friend for most of your life. But the monkey beats up your partner (who you’ve had a serious relationship for two years), and hospitalises him/her. The monkey has never been violent before, and seems apologetic. The partner says he/she is too scared to go near the monkey anymore. Do you get rid of the monkey? Or the partner? What else might you do?
3) Would you ever sleep with your boss? (Feel free to say that’s not your business, that does answer the question)
4) You discover you can travel in time and space, but only three times. Where would you go?
5) Favourite TV series?
6) You wake up, and realise the life you knew was a lie. You suddenly recognise the people around you, and the circumstances you are in are familiar. You are at the beginning of the first episode of your favourite TV series. What do you do or what would you do differently?
7) Turn your Ipod/Spotify/music player on shuffle. What song is playing now?
8) Would you rather be a Terminator robot, or a Predator (From the Predator movies)
9) You’re a Pokemon. What are you? And would you be friendly with humans?
10) Least popular blog post you’ve ever published?