However – rather unexpectedly – I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by Suzie81’s Blog. Thank you for the nomination, Suzie. Your blog topics are varied, and you also support other bloggers through comments and posts. You also have an excellent section called “Sunday Share”, where you choose a blog and blog about what makes it so good. In fact, my blog was mentioned here and it made my week. So please support a blogger who supports the other ones. Check her out.
I can hear the monkeys hooning at the bottom of the tree. I don’t think they realise how expensive tyres are, so I should stop asking myself stupid questions like “what is a Versatile Blogger award?” and “who should be nominated?”, and “will there be a cheque?”, because it’s just wasting time.
The rules for this award do not have to be obeyed in my opinion. You are still nominated, and you do not have to brag about it, because there is no cheque. But, in the interest of Chinese whispers I am obliged to tell you that you should:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog.
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination (If you really want to thank me, also send a cheque).
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
So here are seven things about myself.
1) I’m the monkey king of the Ubud Monkey Forest.
2) My crown is made of banana peels and coconut rind, but I don’t wear it all the time.
3) My favourite game is monkey mini-golf (the course is anywhere on the tree branches).
4) I used to play the violin. I stuck with it so long because I had a crush on the teacher. She was a few days older than I was and she performed across Europe. I quit because I couldn’t afford the lessons if I was to travel to Bali.
5) I never drank beer until I moved to Ubud. Now I drink Bintang three meals a day.
6) My favourite movie is the Count of Monte Cristo.
7) I am listening to Paint it Black, by the Rolling Stones. And a moped just crashed into a fence, and it made a loud noise.
Mojo has declared he can do the longest mono in Ubud Monkey Forest, but instead of proving him wrong, I am nominating 15 of you so that this vampire-like system can continue. It’s going to take a while to choose you. I take this nomination seriously so if you get it, it means I admire your writing, blog style, the adaptation of popular topics to your audience, and of course, your engagement with other bloggers.
These are my fifteen nominees, so well done to all of you:
http://fallsintowriting.com/home/ (I see she was just nominated for a Super Sweet award. This is embarrassing, but I still think she deserves this, and I’m not going to change that.)
Check these guys out. They might not be monkey kings, but they are better than I am.