The week long party is finally over. Someone eventually changed the Bom Bom song to an album by The Police. Sure, the music is still playing, and it’s still loud, but I’m just thankful for different music.
Tourists haven’t shown up for the last day or so. Word of mouth has spread that this party got too wild. Someone is going to have to clean this joint up. The ground is littered with monkey crap, beer glass, Cheese Tim Tam wrappers, and live bear traps.
Top strange party highlights are (but by no means limited to):
– An Orangutan (what the?!) started screaming “I am the banana king!” and then recited Juliet’s lines from Romeo and Juliet. It finished the performance with a stage dive.
– The birds got high on meth. Yesterday they started throwing rocks and ice cubes at everyone. “Die you green pigs! Die!” they screamed.
– Paratroopers descended into the forest with machine guns, and then began dancing with us. I have no idea what nationality they are, but I think they are from South America.
DAMN IT! I DIDN’T GET A PICTURE.
– A random group of backpackers left on Sunday – and then came back with one of Mike Tyson’s white tigers.
– A Komodo Dragon has been following me for three days. And nobody else can see it.
– The monkeys did an impromptu musical performance to Roxanne (The Police). The paratroopers joined in (no photo because it would definitely make this blog NSFW).
“Wow, I’d love to see another impromptu musical about a monkey prostitute”. Said no one ever.